Meme Monday: I got 99 problems but a disk ain’t one18
May 2, 2011 by Mike Hillwig
Tom LaRock posted an interesting meme for today. Here are my nine problems that aren’t disk.
- Vendors who make bad recommendations to my user community for “optimizing” SQL server, such as using autoshrink
- Other system administrators who insist on using SSMS from the database server
- An application that keeps changing the recovery model every time we upgrade
- A business application owner who doesn’t understand why I hate to make schema changes in the middle of the day
- Applications that create databases in locations other than the default paths I’ve specified in my server’s configuration
- A security system that will only run as SA
- An application vulnerable to SQL injection attacks that the business won’t spend money to replace/fix/secure
- An impatient application that sends an alert if it hasn’t been backed up in exactly 24 hours.
- A vendor who is taking their time in certifying and supporting SQL 2008 R2
Category SQLServerPedia Syndication | Tags: